Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Summer Dresses

Hello...
As promised in the previous post, here are the two dresses that I made from the same pattern. The red one finished in May, exactly when the weather getting hotter and the blue one is a new dress that I made recently, just before my trip to Singapore.

I used two BurdaStyle patterns, BurdaStyle chiffon dress 01/2013#108 size 34 for the bodice with modification at the shoulder and BurdaStyle illusion neckline mini dress 09/2014#130  size 34 for the skirt.

For the fabrics, I used 2 yards of cotton poplin in red with white small flowers bought in Hongkong and 2 yards of Korean cotton voile in blue with printed floral bought in Seoul.

This dress is sleeveless, has front darts, gathered skirt, back zipper and inseam pockets. I love how easy to sew and easy to wear in hot humid weather.

Modifications and sewing process:
For the front bodice : I reduced the inner shoulder 3.5 cm and center front 5.5 cm, then drew a new line of the neckline. And reduced outer shoulder 1 cm and armhole 1 cm, then drew a new line of the armhole.

For the back bodice : I reduced the inner shoulder 3.5 cm and center back 4 cm, then drew a new line of the back neckline. And also reduced outer shoulder 1 cm and armhole 1 cm, then drew a new line of the armhole.

For the skirt, I don't need to worry about tracing the pattern because it is just like a rectangle shape (front on fold and back cut in two pieces). I added 1.5 cm seam and hem allowances.

I used neckline and armhole facings for the red dress and bodice lining for the blue dress.
Invisible zipper attached in the middle back with 2 cm seam allowance, I fused fusible tape in the wrong side area where the zipper attached.
Inseam pockets sewn 3.5 cm below the waistline for the red dress and sewn directly in the waistline and side skirt for the blue dress.
The hem finished with narrow hemming.

The sewing process was quicker than I thought, the only not so fun thing about this dress was to gather and remove the basting. I have to remove all basting carefully to avoid breaking my fabric. The rest of the process was easy :)

Here are the pictures of the first dress, I love the style and wore it so many times :)


And here is the second dress, I wore it for the first time when I visited Singapore two weeks ago. First picture taken in the area of Orchard Road, second picture inside Kinokuniya - where I found BurdaStyle magazine and Japanese Sewing book and the last picture taken inside Spotlight at Plaza Singapura where I found some buttons and two Simplicity patterns.





Happy Sewing and wishing you a lovely weekend!

Love,

Hana
@velvetribbon_sew

Comments

  1. Both dresses turned out beautifully. I like how the look great on the outside and on the inside too. I also think you chose beautiful fabrics for both dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hana, I just love these dresses and you look fabulous in them. The shiloutte is one of my favorites for a dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dresses! They both look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of dresses are really cute! I especially LOVE the blue one. Happy sewing too;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear Hana!
    You look very beautiful in this wonderful summer dress.
    I don't need summer dresses any more. I need a warm coat, because snow is falling and it is really cold outside.
    Greetings from Germany
    Carolin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, these are my last summer garments :) The weather is getting colder now and I will be sewing winter garments too. I need some more long sleeve blouses, trousers and jacket :)

      Delete
  6. It goes without saying how much I love this silhouette! THE BEST EVER! And I adore how you've styled the flowery dress with blue sneakers! Absolutely perfect for travel and soooo cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both dresses look so beautiful and fit you perfectly. You always do an amazing job both inside and outside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them both! One of my favorite pictures is where you are looking through the pattern file!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa. I was so concentrated and I don't realized that DH took the picture :)

      Delete

Post a Comment