DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Weekend Outfit




 
 


Hello...
I made another basic wear last week. I used the leftover fabric from my infinity scarf and I am happy that the sweatshirt matched so well with my self-drafted pencil skirt.
Spring is finally here, the weather is still foggy with high humidity but anyway... I just hope that the sun will come out one day :)

My family and I went to Fisherman's Wharf and Sands Macao for a walk yesterday and I used the opportunity to wear my outfit. After all, I like my new sweatshirt. The fabric is so soft, draped nicely and it doesn't make me sweat.

Material:
1.5 yards of knit cotton in emerald blue
thread

Pattern :
This is my third version of Moda Diana pattern no 75 -3P size 34/36 with variation. I added sleeve and hem bands. Which the final result is different than the original pattern. You can check my first and second version
The size of the sleeve band is 16cm x 8cm and the size of hem band is 90cm x 8cm. All the final results are 4cm width of bands.

The sewing process was quite fun and fast. I fold the neckline at the seam allowance inside, pin and sew it using the twin needle. And for the finished bands, I also pin, pull the band fabric and sew it using the twin needle too. You can see my work on sewing the sleeve and hem bands here in my previous post

Happy sewing!

Comments

  1. The sweatshirt is perfect with your floral skirt! Such a pretty blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a perfect outfit for a walk. A lovely little top and I love the skirt - is that a knit as well? If so, this would be a very comfortable outfit - and very pretty as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they were perfect for walk. The skirt fabric is medium cotton and I added back slit/vent to make the skirt wearable :)

      Delete
  3. These two compliment each other so well. Lovely outfit Hana :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect outfit.. Love the skirt, and the blue sweatshirt, looks so good with it..
    And comfortable clothes are so nice to wear ... Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy. I have been sewing comfortable clothes lately, I need them in my wardrobe... :)

      Delete
  5. Very pretty outfit. The colour really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your skirt and the blue sweatshirt matches it perfectly. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lovely outfit :) the colours look so nice on you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute outfit! I am so envious of your weather! I can't wait for the snow to melt and be able to wear bare legs and sandals again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margo. Can not wait for your SS garments :)

      Delete

Post a Comment