Crochet Swimsuit Cover-up Dress

Image
Hi there, I hope you are well. I finally finished my crochet swimsuit cover-up dress that I started at the beginning of February. I enjoyed the slow process and was happy with how it turned out. I used 9 skeins of off-white cotton yarn and a 3 mm crochet hook. For the pattern, I followed a YouTube tutorial from  Crochettoz . It's a clear and easy tutorial to follow, thank you so much 😍 Also, I shared my process of making this cover-up on my YouTube channel, click the video below if you want to see it. And please, subscribe to my channel if you like the video and want to see more in the future 😊😍 I took a few photos of the progress and the picture below shows the start of the cover-up dress. I did chain stitch until I reached 60'' and followed with double crochet stitch and then crocheted the patterns. I mostly crochet at night when I finish all the house chores and sometimes in the afternoon when I'm sitting on the sofa.  The cover

DIY Friday : Pattern Weights

Hello...
This week on "DIY Friday" I decided to make things that I need and I want to make for so long. Pattern weights! Yes, I need them so badly to replace tuna cans that I use to weight my pattern :)
 
Well, look at how cute they turned out! And also, they were so easy and fast to make. I did all in 2 hours :)

 
Pattern:
I followed tutorial and free pattern from Tea Rose Home : Pattern Weight. Feel free to check over the link for more detail.

Materials:
I used home décor fabric scrap, thread and rice for filling.

Sewing process:
I download the pattern and cut the fabric. I cut 8 pieces but in the end I made 7 because I run out of rice :(
Here is my fabric pieces after I cut them,

After I have all the fabric pieces, I sew them according to the instructions. Then I stuffed them with rice. As shown in the picture below,

After all stuffed with rice, I sew the opening area carefully by hand. As shown in the picture below,

That's it! I am done!
I am loving this little things and still surprised with how easy and fast to make them :)
Well, before I say goodbye for today's post I'd love to show you one more picture of the finished project

Pattern : Free Pattern And Tutorial From Tea Rose Home

Happy crafting!

Comments

  1. I made something similar to this when I first started sewing. I filled my with dried beans! They are a variety of shapes and fabrics. This is so perfect for the beginning seamstress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could I forget the dried beans? I had some packs inside my kitchen drawer.
      Thanks Annie for letting me know. I am going to fill my last one with dried beans :)

      Delete
  2. These are great. I will definitely make these! Thanks for showing me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, AriB. I am sure you will love it :)

      Delete
  3. These are so cute :) I use curtain weights, not nearly as pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah Liz. I am using tuna cans since 2009, so it's time to change to these cute things :) :)

      Delete
  4. Cute! I've been meaning to make some of these, myself. It's a good way to use up some scraps, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. Yes, it is a perfect way to use up some scraps :)

      Delete
  5. I've been using tuna cans too and after seeing your pretty pattern weights think I need to make these too! Thank you for sharing with us such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice!! It's a great idea ... plus rice has absoventes properties for moisture. I have to try this ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these Hana-the shapes and prints used are really cute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment