Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Make A Garment A Month - December plan...

Hello lovely readers! I am so sorry for my absence, I am still here sewing some stuff but I haven't had time to update the blog post.
So, today I'd love to share a quick update of my December plan for MAGAM challenge. I have chosen my pattern, fabric and nations. It will be a simple but pretty party dress for me to wear on Christmas dinner.
For the pattern, I will use Burdastyle Embellished Tunic Dress 11/2013 size 34 with adjustments on the neckline, waist and hips.
For the fabric, I will use 2 yards of med weight knit ponte in black color that more than three years stay inside my stash and as I don't have passementerie trim, I will sew some pearls on the front slit and neck edge.

 
Have a lovely and creative Monday to you all!



Comments

  1. Hana, can't wait to see it, It is going to be beautiful.. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy - thank you :) Merry Christmas for you too.

      Delete
  2. The pearls will add such a lovely touch to this dress - it will be very S(C)hanel and very elegant. And great to use up some stash too.

    I guess you have been busy with your little boy. I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you a Happy Xmas and blessings for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! Thanks for lovely comment :-) And yes, I have been busy with my little boy but I am glad that I still manage to find time to sew :)

      Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2014 for you too.

      Delete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing it! You will have to spend quite some time on the beading...Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi AriB, thank you! Beading is not an easy work but I will try my best to do it well :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment