Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Burdastyle Magazine 10/2013 And Burdastyle Special - Autumn/Winter 2013

Hello!
A very good news, everyone! I got two new Burdastyle magazines! My dear sister in-law bought it from England. I am very lucky girl :-)
 
Burdastyle magazine 10/2013,

 
 
 
 


 
Burdastyle special - autumn/winter 2013,


 

 

 


 
I love Burdastyle patterns and most of my work based in it. And with these new magazines, I will make more projects for "style the stash sew a long" and "make a garment a month challenge". We will see... :)
 
A little note : for the patterns from the magazine 10/2013, you can buy downloadable here 
 
 






Comments

  1. What a lovely gift from your sister-in-law. And thank you for sharing them with us - it's nice to have a sneak peak at what is coming :). So many lovely garments - I don't think we have enough months in our life to make all these beautiful clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! You are right, so many nice patterns to try but so little time to sew :( Anyway....

      Delete
  2. I was at kinokuniya yesterday and browsed the Oct Burda :) but I didn't see the autumn winter ed. Enjoy your magazines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I am enjoying the magazines so much :)
      You are very lucky that you have Kinokuniya in your place, so you can get Burdastyle magazine every month :) I only get it when I travel outside or someone else bring it to me.

      Delete

Post a Comment