Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Me-Made-May'13 Day 27-31

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
I have been busy the whole weekend with my family. We did a short trip here in our place, enjoyed a sunny day and did some shopping too. So, only today I manage to write a post in my blog. But before I write more about the final update of my MMM'13, I'd love to show you the pictures of my beautiful place,


And here are the final update of my MMM'13.
Day 27
On Monday 27th, I wore my Sheath Dress based on Burdastyle pattern 03/2013. I made this dress to participated Julia Bobin Mad Men Dress Challenge 2 and finally I wore this dress on a special dinner date with husband:)
Day 28
On Tuesday 28th, it was a very lazy, hot and humid day here in my place. I stayed at home the whole afternoon but only went out to the supermarket in the end of the day after my husband came back from work. I wore my self-drafted old dress that I made 3 years ago. My husband took a photo of me inside my sewing room just before we left the house.
Also, My husband wore this men's shirt at work.

Day 29
On Wednesday 29th, I wore my brand new outfit that I made for WSBN Burda Magazine Sew Along. The outfit based on Burdastyle Light Cowl Top 01/2013 and Tie Skirt 08/2012. See the details here, Burdastyle Outfit
Day 30
On Thursday 30th, I wore a repeat dress from day 4 and a self drafted tote bag. We went out for lunch at our friend restaurant O Santos Comida Portuguesa.
Here is the details of the tote bag, how to make your own tote bag

Day 31
On Friday 31st, as theme-Friday is Red - I wore Jackie Dress based on Louisa Drop-Waist Dress from Burdastyle Sewing Vintage Modern Book. These dress made from red lace and lined with red silk crepe de chine
Also, my husband wore this men's shirt at work. Based on Burdastyle sewing Vintage Modern - Frank Button-Down Shirt pattern.
Previous posts of my MMM'13,
- MMM'13 Day 20-26
- MMM'13 Day 13-19
- MMM'13 Day 7-12
- MMM'13 Day 1-6

Happy sewing!

Comments

  1. Looks like you had a great week - my fav outfit would have to be the Jackie Dress ... looks stunning on you in this colour...J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judith. The Jackie Dress also my favorite. Thank you for commenting:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid I like all of them - the little black dress worn on the shopping day looks just right for that sort of outing as well. Its nice to see pictures of your city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah. I am thinking to make a new dress from the same pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hana, You have made yourself some beautiful clothes.. I love the dresses. so pretty on you.
    The photo of the building is so pretty..
    Happy sewing. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Judy, thanks for your sweet words.
    Happy sewing to you too:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment