DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Black Pants For Eduardo

front side of the pants

back side of the pants



the pattern from burda mag. june 2008


 Meg from elsiemarley.com was throwing the challenge called kids weeks clothes challenge fall 2012. I decided to joint in and this pants is one of the project for the challenge. It was very busy week but I tried to put myself to sew at least one hour during 7 days. And I am very happy with my work. The pants fit my son very well.

I used the pattern from burda magazine june 2008, originally is 3/4 pants for kid. The pattern has 6 pockets in total, 2 pieces front pocket, 2 pieces back pocket and 2 pieces side pocket. I added length to the pattern and inserted elastic inside the waistband.
Material for this pants is 1 yard black cotton and using same colour thread.

...the next post will be another project for kcwc fall 2012...
      

Comments