DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Palette Challenge - Spring & Summer 2012



I might be a little late to be participating on Palette Challenge - Spring & Summer 2012, I should starting this challenge by the middle of april but only now I had time to start it. Anyway, it's better a little late than never!
This Challenge is about making a mini wardrobe for the spring & summer, and make it according to your plan.

I already choosed the fabric, pale pink colour, yellow colour, beige colour and batik green. Lucky me, I still have many fabric left inside my stash that I did not use.
Now, my head is spinning arround! What kind of garment that I really like and will suit my everyday life????? The answer is: as usual, dresses, tops, pants and shorts.

About the pattern, I planned to make dresses from basic bodice pattern and built by wendy book pattern (because that's what I own right now), tops from sorbetto pattern and pants/shorts from burda.

I excited with this challenge, and want to go to sewing my first challenge right now. But before I go, I will show you my moodboard that I created from Polyvore




Happy sewing everyone!

Comments